“Another innocent person killed by a Crazy”…at least, that is what most uninvolved people will think as they move on to their daily chores and pursuits.
Muslims in America on the other hand, will see the brutal killing of this Iraqi Muslim woman in California, as one more piece of convincing evidence that America IS gearing up to a genocidal state of mind, towards Muslims.
No, thankfully, not ALL Americans are filled with hate and fear towards Muslims, but it does not take ALL members of any group, to ignite the fires of hate-driven violence, it only takes a small, loud percentage, abetted by the silence of the large majority who don’t want to upset the routines of their lives, by getting involved.
No, not ALL Republicans are such monsters, not ALL Tea-Party members are filled with this hate towards Islam and Muslims and not ALL Democrats support such hate. But certainly ALL Republicans, ALL Tea Partiers and ALL Democrats, are guilty of at least being default supporters because of their silence.
And ALL Americans are involved in this hate-machine because Continue reading
It is time I spoke with my self-confident teenage son about a few unpleasant realities.
- He is a man
- He is in the teen-to-30′s age group
- He is Muslim
- We are in America
Sometimes, I think God has a macabre sense of humor. He allows us to firmly place ourselves in a self-righteous position and then deftly pulls the rug away from under us by presenting an entirely contrary situation.
Take the case of the mass-murderer in Afghanistan.
On Sunday, March 11, 2012, the soldier slaughtered 4 Afghan men, 3 women and 9 children, dragged their bodies into one place and set them on fire. Then he calmly walked back to his base and surrendered saying, “I did it”. For the next FIVE days, all we were allowed to know about his identity was that he is a Staff Sergeant from Joint Base Lewis McCord (JBLM) in Tacoma Washington. The military said they were keeping his identity quiet in order to protect his family. Continue reading
Updated March 13, 2012…
When the news of a US soldier going out to kill Afghans, first broke, American media were focusing on TWO deaths even as they also reported that the Afghanis were saying about 17 had been killed. Almost immediately other diffusers and excuses began to pour forth, giving “News Coverage” a new meaning.
The New York Times can STILL not bring itself to report the 16 murders without offering some softening words; in the headline, the US soldier is said to kill civilians even as NYT goes on to describe what the soldier (from our Puget Sound area) did:
New York Times: “U.S. Sergeant Is Said to Kill 16 Civilians in Afghanistan“
- “…the soldier, who had walked more than a mile from his base, tried door after door, eventually breaking in to kill within three separate houses. The man gathered 11 bodies, including those of 4 girls younger than 6, and set fire to them, villagers said.”
As if to justify the murders or at least, to minimize the tragedy, Super-Patriot, Angry-Bird John McCain shamelessly shifted the focus to 9-11 instead of offering even a few grudging words of regret or sympathy.
“We should not forget that the attacks on the United States of America originated in Afghanistan,” Senator John McCain told CNN. Inferring of course, that a few deaths of the unwashed, here or there, should not be a cause for concern. Continue reading
The Grand Question of the Day is not whether Muslims should get engaged in all aspects of life around us, rather, it is whether Muslims can afford not to get actively engaged and how long we may be expected to last if we remain isolated in our own country?
It is said there are three kinds of people; those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who ask, “What happened?”
These days, Muslims fall in the second and third categories. We avoid getting involved and offer justifications that salve our conscience that we don’t need to get involved after all.
Some Muslims say it is “Haram” (forbidden) to associate and cooperate with the (“Unbeliever”) “kuffar”. The theory being that the workings of “Muslim” countries offer us a better chance to help with honesty, decency and Justice, than the workings in the “kuffar” countries…the THEORY!
The facts are in stark contrast with the idealistic picture we have in our minds between the Good (“Muslim” countries) and the Bad (“kuffar” countries). In fact, there is more Iman (faith) in the so-called “kuffar” countries, than there is in the countries we would love to think of as “Muslim” countries. We have greater freedoms HERE, we can pursue our jobs with more ease and not worry about paying bribes just the stay in office or, get promoted and for the most part, we get more respect and greater peace here than we would in any “Muslim” country.
There is also nothing in the Quran, the prohibits Muslims from working in countries where we are minorities.
Some Muslims argue against cooperation with “the kuffar” because they are hostile towards Muslims and our cooperation will only help them persecute Muslims more.
Some Muslims keep thinking this is only for a short time and they will return to the Old country “one of these days”. These people are never going to settle down, but few of them will ever return top the Old country; they will continue to grumble and idealize the Old country more and more, but with every visit “back home” they will postpone their plans of return for a little while longer…until they are buried here.
What to do? Continue reading
- Business Week Jan. 6 (Bloomberg) — A European Union embargo on Iranian oil will probably be phased in to protect countries with the greatest reliance on imports from the country, according to an EU official familiar with the talks.
- Telegraph (UK): Japan agrees to cut dependency on Iranian oil as US scores significant coup against regime…
However, any embargos are only likely to come into effect gradually. Refiners generally buy two thirds of their crude on long term contracts, and these will probably be honoured. The proposed EU embargo – which all member states are understood to endorse in principle – is likely to be phased in over a period of up to 12 months.
- The Military, along with the Police, FBI and other American security agencies, is actively trained to think of Islam and Muslims as the greatest threat to America and the West and this training continues. They use self-styled “experts” on Islam and “terrorism” who only talk about how terrible and murderous Islam and Muslims are.
- “Our boys and girls in uniform” are trained the defend this country against an enemy that is portrayed as being inhuman; if we don’t stop (kill) them there, they will kill us all here!
- In their minds (as they have been taught), they killed a few disgusting rats, just as they do every day out there…men rats, women rats and children rats…RATS all.
- American political parties not only ignore us Muslims, they get better ratings if they bash Muslims and Islam.
- There is no action against the anti-Muslim hate-mongering climate in this country because we Muslims do not do anything to make ourselves politically significant so, why should anyone care about us?