“A fanatic is a man who does what he thinks God would do, if He knew the facts of the case“. So said Finley Peter Dunne, of the Chicago tribune.
Today, we have fanatics who know more than God does and therefore, do what God should be doing but does not. If it were not so serious, it would be funny that these fanatics are to be found in every faith, doing their evils in the name of God…the same God for all…but doing it to different people. That is the problem with fanatics, they do not understand their own religion as they should and the only cure they know for any transgression, is death.
Pakistani Dr. Mehdi Ali Qamar, living in Ohio, decided to go, as he did so often and work free for a week in Pakistan as a cardiologist, in order to help the poor. The hospital is run by Qadianis (Ahmedis) and even though it provides free medical aid to the poorest of the people, the Pakistan Fanatics Inc., has declared treatment at the hospital to be “Haram” forbidden. Dr. Qamar stopped at a cemetery to pray for his relatives who are buried there and as he was leaving, two men drove up in a motorbike and put ten bullets in him. Dr. Qamar died right there (Pickerington doctor killed by gunmen in Pakistan). He is survived by three children and his wife, he died for the ultimate crime of being an Ahmedi which is punishable by death, in Pakistan. Continue reading
Malala Yusufzai is just a little girl, barely 14 years old. At eleven, she became a poster-child for the movement for educate girls in Swat Valley, in Pakistan and simultaneously, she became a hated figure by the religious fanatics in the region who are associated with the Taliban-style of thinking.
Early this month, the schoolbus she was in, with other girls was stopped by some bearded people, one entered and demanded to know who Malala Yusufzai was. As she rose to identify herself, the man shot her in the head and neck and departed.
Left for dead, Malala lived. She was rushed to a local Hospital, later to a military hospital and then to Britain where she is showing signs of recovery.
The world erupted with sympathy for the poor and very brave girl, women, young and old started to sport signs saying, “I am Malala”. People condemned the action of the killers, demanding action against “The Taliban”.
Updated March 13, 2012…
When the news of a US soldier going out to kill Afghans, first broke, American media were focusing on TWO deaths even as they also reported that the Afghanis were saying about 17 had been killed. Almost immediately other diffusers and excuses began to pour forth, giving “News Coverage” a new meaning.
The New York Times can STILL not bring itself to report the 16 murders without offering some softening words; in the headline, the US soldier is said to kill civilians even as NYT goes on to describe what the soldier (from our Puget Sound area) did:
New York Times: “U.S. Sergeant Is Said to Kill 16 Civilians in Afghanistan“
- “…the soldier, who had walked more than a mile from his base, tried door after door, eventually breaking in to kill within three separate houses. The man gathered 11 bodies, including those of 4 girls younger than 6, and set fire to them, villagers said.”
As if to justify the murders or at least, to minimize the tragedy, Super-Patriot, Angry-Bird John McCain shamelessly shifted the focus to 9-11 instead of offering even a few grudging words of regret or sympathy.
“We should not forget that the attacks on the United States of America originated in Afghanistan,” Senator John McCain told CNN. Inferring of course, that a few deaths of the unwashed, here or there, should not be a cause for concern. Continue reading
- The Military, along with the Police, FBI and other American security agencies, is actively trained to think of Islam and Muslims as the greatest threat to America and the West and this training continues. They use self-styled “experts” on Islam and “terrorism” who only talk about how terrible and murderous Islam and Muslims are.
- “Our boys and girls in uniform” are trained the defend this country against an enemy that is portrayed as being inhuman; if we don’t stop (kill) them there, they will kill us all here!
- In their minds (as they have been taught), they killed a few disgusting rats, just as they do every day out there…men rats, women rats and children rats…RATS all.
- American political parties not only ignore us Muslims, they get better ratings if they bash Muslims and Islam.
- There is no action against the anti-Muslim hate-mongering climate in this country because we Muslims do not do anything to make ourselves politically significant so, why should anyone care about us?
I published a story, “Detroit Muslims force women to sit in the back of buses” a few days ago, it was not correct, I had in fact, changed a few words that then affected the perspective of the story in a different manner. The actual headline was: “At Front of Brooklyn Bus, a Clash of Religious and Women’s Rights” from a New York Times story and it was about the use of a private, but publicly-funded busline for the Orthodox Jewish Community of Brooklyn.
President Barak Obama grandly announced that a CIA drone attack had killed Anwar Al-Awlaki in Yemen along with Samir Khan, the editor of his website. “This is further proof that al Qaeda and its affiliates will have no safe haven anywhere in the world,” Obama said. The Press dutifully reported the announcement, some joined in the celebrations of having gotten another terrorist but nobody questioned the methodology that resulted in ending not one, but TWO American citizens’ lives.
Who cares? We got another one! Someone should care, certainly I do.
They were murdered. Continue reading