First Published August 24, 2008
This year, the Muslim month of Ramadan in the year 1434, began on Friday, July 9th 2013 . The Quran was first revealed to the Prophet Mohammed during this, the ninth month of the Muslim Lunar calendar, making it the holiest month for Muslims. This is the month for not only physical, but even more importantly, spiritual cleansing for Muslims.
The Muslim calendar is about 10 days shorter than the Common Era calendar, thus, Ramadan begins about ten days earlier each C.E. Year, cycling through every season, over a period of about thirty-three years…including Summer! Read more »
The newspaper headline shouts, “Medina: Saudis take a bulldozer to Islam’s history“, but nobody is listening because these atrocities against Islam, have been happening for decades. Here are some excerpts from this latest “expose”:
- Heritage campaigners and many locals have looked on aghast as the historic sections of Mecca and Medina have been bulldozed to make way for gleaming shopping malls, luxury hotels and enormous skyscrapers. The Washington-based Gulf Institute estimates that 95 per cent of the 1,000-year-old buildings in the two cities have been destroyed in the past 20 years.
- ….Other historic sites lost include the Prophet’s birthplace – now a library – and the house of his first wife, Khadijah, which was replaced with a public toilet block. Read more »
The day after writing my earlier post, “If I were giving the Khutba (Sermon) today….“, I went to participate in a vigil for the Sikhs killed in Wisconsin, held at the South Lake Union Park. I noted with pleasure, that a number of other Muslims were also in attendance and knowing each other, we collected in a small group (we were also slated to speak at the vigil).
One of my friends told me that he had read my Khutba post. I informed him that one Muslim responding to my post said:
- “This gathering is going to take place not far from Kent Masjid: Ideally this masjid should be more involved but, today our Imam wasted our 25 minutes in trying to prove Read more »
- If I were giving the khutba today, I would talk about the killing of the Sikhs in their Gurudwara (Temple). Read more »
“All People Are Created Equal…”
I, _____Jim McDermott______ do affirm my belief Read more »
First Published August 24, 2008
This year, the Muslim month of Ramadan in the year 1433, begins on Friday, July 20 th 2012 . The Quran was first revealed to the Prophet Mohammed during this, the ninth month of the Muslim Lunar calendar, making it the holiest month for Muslims.
Ramadan is also one of four sacred months of the Muslim calendar, during which any form of warfare is forbidden (Quran 9:36). This is the month for not only physical, but even more importantly, spiritual cleansing for Muslims. Read more »
- “I, ___Rob McKenna___ do affirm my belief that all people under the jurisdiction of the United States, have the right to equal protection under the constitution of the United States, including Arabs and Muslims. Read more »
The week opened on Monday the 25th to another spine-chilling story of “Muzlems“, getting ready to kill masses of Freedom-loving Americans and I groaned for the umpteenth time!
Our ever-vigilant FBI has, it appears, conducted over a hundred investigations into Islamic extremists in the military…our military, can you imagine that? Er, sorry, that is suspected Islamic extremists in the military. There is a difference, you see. REAL extremists can be brought to trial and jailed, but suspected ones, simply get their lives destroyed with an investigation that might as well hang them afterwards; REAL Muslim extremists are hard to find, while suspected ones are everywhere!
The FBI’s attitude towards Islam and Muslims goes back to their training in which their focus was drawn to the fact that there were over 9000 (murderous) Muslims in the military. The FBI has been trained to target Islam, not terrorism. Read more »